Puppy in South Africa accidentally swallows owner’s engagement ring » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

Puppy in South Africa accidentally swallows owner’s engagement ring

Updated

By Richa Noriega

As the world observes Valentine’s Day, the internet enjoyed the story of a puppy named Pepper in South Africa, who accidentally swallowed her owner’s diamond engagement ring.

According to a Facebook post on Feb. 3 by Valley Farm Animal Hospital, a veterinarian hospital in South Africa, Pepper was immediately brought to the hospital after the incident.

The hospital shared photos of Pepper including her x-ray scan showing the ring inside her stomach.

Pepper was given medicine to make her vomit the diamond ring.

“My name is Pepper. Do I look a little nauseous? That’s because the vet has just given me something to make me vomit! Not because the vet is a meanie but because I ate my Mom’s engagement ring!!!,” the caption read.

She eventually brought the ring back and the vet assured she is in a safe condition.

“Anyway not long after this the muti did it’s stuff and up came Mom’s ring As good as new. Or I’d say even better as she’ll always have our story to tell,” the post added.

Facebook users were quick to react to the dog’s unusual story.

“This made my day. Pure puppy and a lovely blink object. Shame glad you got your ring back. Puppy need a steak for all the drama,” one Facebook user said.

“Very nice of the vet to arrange that the ring came back up and not out of the bottom of the pup,” another one wrote.

As of this posting, the post garnered 6,000 likes and 4,800 shares.

Related Posts