PH Embassy continues to monitor aftermath of Iran quake, confirms no Filipinos hurt » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

PH Embassy continues to monitor aftermath of Iran quake, confirms no Filipinos hurt

Published

By Roy Mabasa

The Philippine Embassy is continuously monitoring the aftermath of a magnitude 5.9 earthquake that jolted the East Azerbaijan province in Iran on early Friday morning.

Department of Foreign Affairs (MANILA BULLETIN)

Department of Foreign Affairs (MANILA BULLETIN)

In a statement, the Department of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that no Filipinos were among those affected by the deadly tremor that left at least five dead and hundreds injured.

Right after the quake, the Embassy immediately contacted the Filipino community in Tabriz City to ascertain the safety and situation of around 32 Filipino nationals residing in that area.

“So far, there is no report of Filipinos among those affected by the deadly earthquake,” the DFA said, quoting a report from the Embassy situated in the Iranian capital.

It said the government stands ready to provide assistance to any affected Filipinos.

Reports indicated that the quake struck near the town of Tark, about 400 kilometers north-west of the Tehran, at 2:17 a.m. local time (6:37 a.m. in Manila).

Related Posts