Pasig gov’t donates P14-million cash to victims of Mindanao earthquakes » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia
  • Home Category
  • Metro
  • Pasig gov’t donates P14-million cash to victims of Mindanao earthquakes

Pasig gov’t donates P14-million cash to victims of Mindanao earthquakes

Published

By Jhon Casinas

The Pasig City government will donate P14 million in financial assistance and relief goods to the victims of earthquakes that rocked parts of Mindanao in the past few weeks.

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto (KEVIN TRISTAN ESPIRITU / MANILA BULLETIN)

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto
(KEVIN TRISTAN ESPIRITU / MANILA BULLETIN)

“Pasig City will be donating relief goods plus P14 million for the victims of the Mindanao quake,” Sotto said in a post Monday night.

The mayor of one of the richest cities in the country said he had called for an emergency session on Tuesday for the formal approval of the donation.

Pasig City will donate P2 million each to the municipalities of Magsaysay and Bansalan, and P1 million to Matanao town, all in Davao del Sur province.

A big chunk of the donation worth P9 million will go to some local government units (LGUs) in Cotabato province which were greatly hit by the series of deadly earthquakes.

The Municipality of Makilala will receive P3 million, while P2 million each will be given to Tulunan and M’Lang towns, and the City of Kidapawan.

Sotto said the city government has identified seven LGUs through the help of the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).

“We also encourage everyone to continue looking for ways to help our brothers and sisters who are in dire need,” Sotto said.

Following the series of temblors, some local government units in Metro Manila have begun sending donations to the victims of the earthquakes.

Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso had earlier donated his P5-million talent fees to the quake-stricken victims.

The Marikina City government on November 2 has also shipped 100 modular tents to victims in Cotabato.

The tents, which has a capacity of seven people, will help at least 700 displaced residents currently staying at evacuation sites.

Related Posts