9 deaths from measles recorded in Pangasinan » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

9 deaths from measles recorded in Pangasinan

Published

By Liezle Basa-Inigo 

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan – Nine deaths attributed to measles have been recorded by Provincial Health Office (PHO) among the 201 laboratory-confirmed measles cases in the province this year.

(CZAR DANCEL / MANILA BULLETIN)

(CZAR DANCEL / MANILA BULLETIN)

Dr. Anna Ma. Teresa de Guzman, provincial health officer, said the deaths were from the towns of Bani, Villasis, Bolinao, San Fabian and Bautista, and the cities of Dagupan and San Carlos. The town of Mangaldan recorded two casualties.

The total number of suspected cases from January to August 5 is 1,323, higher than the 179 cases with one casualty in the same period last year, de Guzman said.

The PHO continued to monitor areas with a high number of measles cases. Dagupan had 176 cases; San Carlos City 113; Calasiao 86; Lingayen 86; Alaminos City 76; Malasiqui 69; Bugallon 62; Binmaley 55; Sta. Barbara 47; San Fabian 45; Umingan 45; and Bayambang 45.

To head off a measles outbreak, the Department of Health (DOH) has launched in Dagupan school-based immunization program.
Around 200 kindergarten and Grade 1 pupils were vaccinated against measles, diphtheria.

Related Posts