By Gabriella Baron
A freshly sworn-in Certified Public Accountant had to skip the testimonial dinner tendered after their oath-taking to rush back to their residence in Binangonan, Rizal.
Joshua Tagayuna, opted to go home right away after learning that their house was among those destroyed by a fire in a compound in Barangay San Carlos. The incident left 5 families displaced.
“Akala ko sa MOA Arena ako makakapose with my license, kaso wala mabilis ang mga pangyayari,” narrated Joshua Tagayuna who left his home to attend the oath-taking event for new CPAs.
Joshua said he needed to see his sisters and other relatives left at home with his own eyes even though he was already assured they are safe.
“Di na ako nagdalawang isip na umuwi kahit na wala na kaming uuwian.”
Fortunately, his siblings and cousins were still at school that time. No casualty was reported except for Joshua’s uncle who suffered second degree burn.
Joshua shared that he is still in a “state of shock and confusion”.
“Raze, fire, loss, akala ko talaga sa FAR at AUD ko lang mae-encounter and mga ‘yon. Parang nagfa-flashback ‘yong formula sa pag-estimate ng fire losses at inventory. I try to put in the figures, but I stumbled figuring out one value–the value of lives of my family and relatives. Life is invaluable.” he narrated in a Facebook post
Still, the new CPA is thankful to those who helped his family and hopeful that they will be able to overcome this incident.
“The fire is out, but one flame grew stronger: in my heart, the blaze of bouncing back and carrying on is inextinguishable.”
Currently, Joshua’s family is temporarily renting a place, while his relatives took shelter in a nearby vacant house.