15-year-old charged with murder in Cavite » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

15-year-old charged with murder in Cavite

Published

By Anthony Giron 

CAMP GEN. PANTALEON GARCIA, IMUS, Cavite – A 15-year-old out-of-school youth was charged with murder on Wednesday for the fatal shooting of a junior high school student in General Trias City.

The teenager, whose name is being withheld by Manila Bulletin because he is a minor, was considered as one of the two youngest major crime offenders arrested in Cavite province.

Lt. Col. Paul T. Bometivo, General Trias police chief, said the boy was charged for the June 9 killing of Alfie Lamiba Duhig, 17, a Grade 9 student of Governor Ferrer Memorial National High School.

Bometivo said the boy was notorious in his neighborhood for his involvement in various crimes, including drug trafficking.

He was arrested in a drug bust Tuesday at Tropical Village.

The suspect was nabbed along with another minor who reportedly escaped from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Shelter; and a certain John V. Israel, of legal age.

The police team found seven small sachets of shabu worth P56,000 on the three.

Bometivo said the teenage suspect was scheduled to be charged with murder on Wednesday at the Cavite Provincial Prosecutors Office in Imus City.

A witness – a woman – testified against the boy in the killing of Duhig, it was reported.

The boy and his two companions will be turned over to the DSWD.

Last month, a 13-year-old boy was charged after he was caught selling shabu during a drug bust in Cavite City.

Related Posts