By Jun Ramirez
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) in partnership with Union Bank of the Philippines (UBP) has come up with an alternative payment channel allowing taxpayers to pay their taxes online through the UnionBank Online Web and mobile applications.
The additional electronic payment facility provides another convenient way for taxpayers to pay taxes, improving tax compliance and client satisfaction.
The taxpayer must efile using the eBIRForms latest package.
Once the eBIRForm is duly accomplished, submitted and confirmed by email by BIR, the taxpayer may access the epayment facility of authorized agent bank (AAB) at the BIR website to perform a payment transaction.
To use the epayment facility, the taxpayer may:
1. Access the BIR websitehttps://www.bir.gov.ph and click the “ePAY” icon to link with Union Bank online facility or directly access the Union Bank websitehttps://www.unionpbankph.com/online
2. Click “Pay Bills”.
3. Select “BUREAU OF INTERNAL REVENUE” in the Biller List.
4. Fill out the required biller information/payment details.
5. Select the account to be debited.
6. Review payment details and click “Pay” to submit tax payment.
7. View and print payment confirmation.
An email confirmation will also be received by the taxpayer in the email address he provided.
For further clarifications, taxpayers can directly inquire with UBP offices or visit their website. Also, a UBP Logo will be displayed at the BIR website which provides the link for easy access to the UBP online payment channel.