By Analou De Vera
The Department of Tourism (DOT) on Saturday said there are now 353 accommodation establishments in Boracay Island that are allowed to operate, after they complied with the requirements set by the Boracay Interagency Task Force.
The DOT said that as of May 25, a total of 12,907 rooms are ready to accommodate tourists who are planning to visit the world-famous island.
The tourism department posted on its official Facebook page the updated list of accommodation establishments that will be allowed to accept bookings and reservations.
To note, establishments need to secure permits from the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), and DOT before they can operate.
Previously, authorities urged the public to avoid any transaction with “establishments that have not yet secured the necessary clearances, permits and/or accreditation from the DOT, DENR and DILG.”
Boracay reopened its doors to the public last October 26 after a six-month massive rehabilitation. It was closed down in April 2018 to conduct a massive cleanup after President Duterte dubbed the island as “cesspool.”