Davao CENRO collects 8 truckloads of campaign materials after elections » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

Davao CENRO collects 8 truckloads of campaign materials after elections

Published

By Ivy Tejano

DAVAO CITY – The Davao City Environment and Natural Resources Office (Cenro) noted eight truckloads of campaign materials have been collected by their trash collectors since Tuesday early morning, right after the Election Day.

Personnel of the City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO) on Wednesday collect campaign materials posted by local candidates and senatorial bets during the camapign for midterm elections in Davao City. (Keith Bacongco)

Personnel of the City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO) on Wednesday collect campaign materials posted by local candidates and senatorial bets during the campaign for midterm elections in Davao City. (Keith Bacongco)

Cenro-Davao Garbage Operation in-charge John Desa told the Manila Bulletin on Thursday that their collectors were able to collect truckloads of tarpaulins, leaflets, posters and other campaign materials from the streets to main roads.

“The trucks that collect the campaign materials are different from those trucks that regularly collect the waste of our city. So far, we did not have any problems in collecting these campaign materials. Lahat ay tulong-tulong,” Desa said.

Desa said they have seen some candidates and their supporters who do clean-up drive after the election. He added that aside from the street sweepers, there are also volunteers who helped in taking down the campaign materials.

“Pero wala pa ta ingon na humana, kay naa pa gihapon pipila ka mga tarpaulins ug posters nga atong pananggalon ug hipuson (But we are not yet totally done, because there are still tarpaulins and posters on the streets),” Desa said.

Commission on Elections (Comelec) in Davao spokesperson Krishna Caballero, in a separate interview, said the office has not yet received any complaint against the candidates here, for not removing their campaign materials.

“As far as our monitoring is concerned, when you roam around the city, makikita naman na unti-unting binabaklas ng iilan yung kanilang campaign materials. No complaints on the matter, so far,” Caballero said.

Comelec Commissioner Rowena Guanzon earlier said that if candidates could spend so much money to produce and disseminate their posters, they should also be able to take it down themselves.

Guanzon warned that if after three days, a candidate failed to remove his posters after he was given a notice, it could be considered an election offense which could result to the disqualification of a winning candidate. ICT

#MatalinongBoto2019

Tags:

Related Posts