By MB Online
White Beach in Boracay was included in Tripadvisor’s list of top 10 best beaches in Asia.
Ranked No. 9, White Beach joined other world-class beaches from India, Thailand, Indonesia Sri Lanka and Myanmar.
The award was given despite the ongoing rehabilitation efforts in Boracay.
“White Beach lies on the western side of Boracay, extending five kilometers with powdery sand and clear turquoise waters. Due to rehabilitation works, water activities are temporarily suspended and drinking and smoking are no longer allowed. However, recent visitors lauded these efforts as it has resulted in a “paradise reborn”, preserving the natural beauty of the beach and preventing overcrowding,” according to TripAdvisor.
Landing on the top stop is Radnagar Beach in Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar, India.
The other beaches on the top 10 are: Kelingking Beach in Nusa Penida, Bali, Indonesia; Nai Harn Beach in Rawai, Phuket, Thailand, Agonda Beach in Agonda, Goa, India; Bentota Beach in Bentota, Southern Province, Sri Lanka; PhraNang Cave Beach in Ao Nang, Krabi Province, Thailand; Varca Beach in Varca, Goa, India; Karon Beach in Karon, Phuket, Thailand and Ngapali Beach in Ngapali, Rakhine State, Myanmar.
Meanwhile, TripAdvisors Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Beaches in the World are:
1. Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
3. Eagle Beach – Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba
4. La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
5. Grace Bay Beach – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
6. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
7. Spiaggia dei Conigli – Sicily, Italy
8. Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
9. Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres, Mexico
10. Seven Mile Beach – Negril, Jamaica
TripAdvisors has already awarded 352 beaches worldwide and comes up with a top 25 world list as well as regional lists for Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, Australia, Central America, Middle East, South Pacific, Caribbean, Brazil, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, U.K., and the US.