PH condemns bomb attack in Kashmir » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

PH condemns bomb attack in Kashmir

Published

By Philippine News Agency

MANILA— The Philippine government on Wednesday joined dozens of foreign governments in denouncing the recent terror attack in Kashmir that killed scores of Indian security forces last week.

“The Philippines strongly condemns the terrorist bomb attack in Pulwama on 14 February 2019 that claimed the lives of numerous Indian security personnel and left many others wounded,” the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said in a statement.

“We offer profound sympathies to the Indian government and the families of the victims, and affirm our unequivocal solidarity with the international community in the fight against terrorism,” it added.

A suicide bomb-attack on a police convoy in Indian-controlled Kashmir last week killed more than 40 persons, dubbed as the “deadliest” single attack on India for about three decades of conflict in the disputed region.

Among those who denounced the attack were the United States and the European Union (EU).

America, through a White House statement, decried the bombing as a “heinous terrorist attack by a Pakistan-based terrorist group,” that only strengthened its resolve to bolster counterterrorism cooperation in the region.

EU, on the other hand, said “terrorism can never be justified,” as it expressed condolences to the bereaved families of those who perished in the incident.

Related Posts