Two DAR officials to get axe for causing undue delay on land conversions » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

Two DAR officials to get axe for causing undue delay on land conversions

Updated

By Genalyn Kabiling

Two officials of the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) are next on President Duterte’s chopping block for alleged corruption.

President Rodrigo Duterte leads the groundbreaking ceremony of the new site of the San Lorenzo Ruiz General Hospital (SLRGH) at Brgy Panghulo in Malabon City on Jan. 29, 2019. (RTVM / SCREENSHOT / MANILA BULLETIN)

President Rodrigo Duterte leads the groundbreaking ceremony of the new site of the San Lorenzo Ruiz General Hospital (SLRGH) at Brgy Panghulo in Malabon City on Jan. 29, 2019. (RTVM / SCREENSHOT / MANILA BULLETIN)

The President said he would ask the two DAR officials to resign or else face charges over the delay in the processing of an application for two years.

“May tanggalin ako na dalawa sa DAR the (land conversion) application that was long delayed, two years sa opisina nila, that is corruption to me. Para magbalik-balik yung aplikante, two years anong ginagawa ng p######g two years niloloko mo? alam mo ilo? pahid mo sa puwit mo,” he said during his visit to Malabon.

“I will ask them to resign or else I will file charges against them and I will see to it they will get their comeuppance,” he said in a media interview.

Duterte did not identify the two DAR officials facing removal from office.

He however criticized the two DAR officials for sitting on the document while asking the applicant to return back and forth to the office.

Last week, the President first announced he plans to dismiss some DAR officials for the sluggish work in the land use conversion office. He told the concerned officials who sat on the application for two years to leave the office and find another job. If they refuse to resign, he threatened to assign them to Jolo where they could be kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf group.

The President, meantime, urged anew the public to report complaint of any inefficiency or corruption allegation involving government workers. He promised to take appropriate action to address such complaint.

“Sabi ko sa Filipino, there is 8888 i text lang ninyo pinababalik balik ako dito assessment or business permit and I will ask maybe the director (to explain),” he said.

“You know when you are a sh*t and you have the power to delay it, you must be something holding a position there. Ang ayaw ko lang, bakit hindi nakuha ng accounting kaya sabi ko isang buwan lang kayo…unless you have a good reason but you have to write me sabihin mo hindi namin matapos ito we are asking for an extension but to sit on paper for two years,” he added.

Duterte maintained that he does not tolerate corruption in government, citing the dismissal of several officials including his allies. He told suspected corrupt public servants to resign quietly and “not to try to justify” their stay in office.

“Marami na akong naipatanggal Cabinet members about 6 or 7. Marami na ho akong sabi ko mag-resign ka na lang. I would not want to mention your name in public to spare your family kasi ‘yung iba anak mga doktor na, mga abugado. Just go out silently. Just resign,” he said in an earlier speech during the groundbreaking of the San Lorenzo general hospital in Malabon.

“Marami ako, may bago lang. Sinabi ko sa kanya, umalis ka na lang. Do not try to explain. Do not try to justify your stay because alam mo naman. Iyon ang usapan natin,” he said.

Related Posts