Trillanes will face grave threat charges filed by Paras » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

Trillanes will face grave threat charges filed by Paras

Published

By Vanne Elaine Terrazola

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV said he will face the case of grave threat filed against him in relation to his confrontation with Labor Undersecretary Jacinto “Jing” Paras last year.

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV ( Jun Ryan Arañas/ MANILA BULLETIN)

Senator Antonio Trillanes IV ( Jun Ryan Arañas/ MANILA BULLETIN)

The Pasay City Prosecutors Office on Friday found probable cause to charge Trillanes with grave threat due to the complaint of Paras who alleged that the lawmaker threatened to kill him during an encounter in Senate May last year.

Paras had appealed to the Pasay Metropolitan Court to immediately issue an arrest warrant, claiming that Trillanes will evade from the charge.

But Trillanes assured that he will face the charge.

“Like all the other harassment cases filed against me, I will face this squarely,” he said in a statement on the same day.

Trillanes arrived from his month long trip in the United States last Wednesday. He said his return to the country proves his willingness to face his charges.

“Despite all threats against me, precisely, to show these people that I am not afraid of them,” he said.

Related Posts