By Ria Fernandez
A probe is on-going after a Manila Police District (MPD) official allegedly hit three members of the National Capital Regional Police Office (NCRPO) during ‘Traslacion’ on Wednesday.
MPD spokesperson Police Supt. Carlo Magno Manuel said that their chief, Vicente Danao, Jr., had already ordered the General Assignment and Investigation Section (GAIS) to look into the case despite the absence of a formal complaint.
Complainants, who are from the Regional Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit and Regional Support Unit, accused Chief Insp. Alden Panganiban, deputy station commander of MPD Station 11, of beating them with a stick during the procession of the Black Nazarene image on Jan. 9.
But Manuel said that based on Panganiban’s explanation to Danao the trio were disobedient when he was giving out directives.
“[Panganiban told us that] these three would stand up [to guard the crowd] and would later sit down [when he is not around],” he said.
The complaining cops have yet to file a formal complaint.
Should the probe goes against the favor of Panganiban, he would be charged of simple misconduct and may be meted with a 30-day suspension.
On the other hand, the complainants may face unlawful non-compliance and be suspended for a maximum of 59 days if proven that they disobeyed Panganiban.
“[MPD Director Danao will] not tolerate if there is abuse involving our personnel that is why he ordered for an investigation,” Manuel said.