By Malu Cadelina Manar
KIDAPAWAN CITY – At least two persons were confirmed dead when anti-drug operatives from the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) raided the house of the vice-mayor of Datu Montawal, Maguindanao, around 3 a.m., Thursday.
The victims are being treated at a hospital in nearby Kabacan, North Cotabato.
Both were among those hit when authorities raided the house of Montawal vice-mayor Datu Uttoh Montawal. Reports said the vice-mayor was included in the narco-list.
Montawal, in a text message sent to dxND, said what happened inside his house was not a raid but a “massacre.”
Earlier in 2017, Montawal went to Metro Manila where he personally met people in Malacanang and denied all the accusations linking him to the illegal drug trade in Maguindanao.
He was the second LGU executive on the narco list in the provinces of Maguindanao and North Cotabato who was raided this week.The police in the ARMM has not yet issued any statement on the raid.