By Minka Klaudia Tiangco
Fire broke out at a fast-food restaurant in Victory Central Mall in Caloocan City on Tuesday afternoon.
Case prober FO1 Zoren Cabagay said the fire started from an open flame in the restaurant’s stove, which was left unattended while food was cooking.
The fire from the stove reached the chimney at about 1:33 p.m.
Some officials used fire extinguishers to put out the flame. It was reported fire out at about 1:54 p.m.
No casualties or injuries were reported in the fire.
Victory Central Mall has suffered from two fire incidents in the past few years.
A fire gutted the mall on May 5, 2015, where it lost about P50 million worth of property and merchandise.
On October 25, 2017, another fire broke out, this time, in the mall’s supermarket stockroom.