By Erma Edera
A woman who went viral on social media last year for kidnapping a minor was finally arrested by police after she attempted again to kidnap a 3-year-old boy in Manila on Saturday.
The police identified the suspect as Charito Fernandez, 45, married, jobless, and resident of Barangay Bonifacio, San Carlos City, Pangasinan.
Manila Police District chief Vicente Danao Jr. said the suspect was the person who went viral in social media in March 2018 for alleged kidnapping of a minor.
Elements of Sta. Ana Police Station responded to a kidnapping incident inside the victim’s house on Dagonoy Street, San Andres Bukid, Manila at around 7:30 p.m. on December 5.
Alicozaman Capal, 52, victim’s father said he was at the second floor of their house when he heard the loud cry of his son.
Upon looking on their window, he saw the suspect holding his son’s right arm in front of a convenience store and dragging him along Dagonoy Street, San Andres Bukid, Manila.
Then, the father went down and chase the suspect to recover his son. The suspect tried to enter the residence of the victim’s neighbor to hide.
Immediately, Kagawad Asgar Datumanong sought police assistance.
Fernandez admitted that every time she plans to take a child inside a van she will be paid P20,000 each, Danao said.
Danao added that they are still looking if Fernandez is a member of a syndicate.
The suspect is now under police custody and she was turned over to the Station Investigation Section (WCPS) for proper investigation.