By Rey Panaligan
There will be no work tomorrow (Nov. 20) in all courts in the City of Manila, including the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals, because of the state visit of China’s President Xi Jinping.
Acting Chief Justice Antonio T. Carpio said the suspension of work was recommended by Court Administrator Jose Midas P. Marquez and the police “in the interest of public order and safety.”
The suspension of classes in all levels and work in the city’s government offices had been ordered by Mayor Joseph Ejercito Estrada under Executive Order No. 41, series of 2018.
Published reports stated that President Xi’s itinerary tomorrow (Nov. 20) would be a visit to the Malacanang Palace and a wreath laying ceremony in the Jose P. Rizal monument in Luneta Park.—Rey G. Panaligan
Meanwhile, Undersecretary for Disaster Response Management Group Hope Hervilla has submitted her resignation to the President. Hervilla’s reason for resigning was also not divulged.
Jarabe was a former secretary-general of Gabriela, Hervilla was a Bayan Muna leader, and Templa was a member of Forum of Women for Action with Rody Duterte.
All three were appointed DSWD undersecretaries in 2016.
“Indeed, we all serve at the pleasure of the President. We assure the public that the delivery of services will continue,” DSWD Assistant Secretary Glenda Relova said.
The three DSWD executives have officially vacated their posts last Nov. 14.
Over the weekend, President Duterte announced during a trip to Papua New Guinea that he has fired a Cabinet member for being untruthful to him.
The President has not yet identified the official as of this writing.