Another Bacoor jail fugitive dead in alleged shootout » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

Another Bacoor jail fugitive dead in alleged shootout

Published

By Martin Sadongdong

Police shot dead on Sunday afternoon a fugitive who was among the 23 inmates that bolted the Bacoor City Police detention facility in Cavite last month.

Superintendent Vicente Cabatingan, chief of Bacoor City police, identified the slain escapee as Marcelo Ruiz, of Barangay Molino 3, Bacoor. He died after 30 days of hiding.

Initial investigation revealed that police received an information that Ruiz, who was first arrested on July 6 for possession of dangerous drugs, sought shelter in Barangay San Nicolas 3, Bacoor where he reportedly went back to peddling meth.

Elements of Bacoor City police immediately conducted a manhunt operation to capture Ruiz, Cabatingan said.

Police eventually spotted Ruiz while he was walking on the street around 4 p.m.

However, Cabatingan said the fugitive saw the pursuing troops so he fired shots towards the cops.

A firefight ensued and Ruiz refused to be taken alive, Cabatingan said.

The gun battle ended up when one of the cops hit Ruiz in the head and body, killing him instantly.

Ruiz is the second fugitive slain in the continuous manhunt operation of Bacoor City police against the 23 inmates who escaped their facility on July 27.

In total, 17 of the escapees have already been recaptured, two died in police operations while four more remain at-large.

The remaining escapees who are still on the loose are Ariel Villacampa, Richard Manatad, Jason Daniel and Roland Ramirez.

Cabatingan noted that all six have drug-related charges and cautioned residents to exercise vigilance as they are considered dangerous.

Related Posts