Unidentified man shot dead after single mom killed in nearby Caloocan barangay
A still unidentified man was shot dead, few hours after a single mother was also killed in nearby barangay in Caloocan City.
Police described the victim as about 30-35 years old and wearing a white T-shirt and denim pants.
A closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage showed that the victim was onboard his motorcycle when he stopped along Katarungan Street in Barangay 149 at around 11:45 p.m. Wednesday.
According to Senior. Insp. Felipe Fermin Jr., the victim gave a package to his alleged assailant before he was shot by the latter. The suspect then sped off using the victim’s motorcycle.
Police are still clueless what’s inside the package, Fermin said.
Around five hours before, 27-year-old Jennifer Taporada, a mother of two children, was walking when she was gunned down by two men onboard a motorcycle along Peta Street in Barangay 152.
According to barangay kagawad Ronald Alforte, Jeniffer’s late husband Bryan was mutilated and dumped in Bulacan last year.
He said Bryan was notorious in the area for murder, illegal drugs and car theft.
Investigators said they are looking into threats made by a man Taporado charged with frustrated rape a few months ago.
Meanwhile, Caloocan Bishop Pablo Virgilio David decried Jennifer’s death in a facebook post.
According to David, Jennifer was one of the widows of the victims of extrajudicial killings who are leading the support group for EJK victims in his diocese. He recalled the time when Jennifer sought help from the Church for her daughter’s scholarship.
“I remember her clutching in her armpit the death certificate of her husband Ryan, who had also been killed by masked killers a year ago now,” David said.
The prelate also lamented how the killers even took their “sweet time” in doing the crime, saying “if the police wanted to pursue them, they could have, because they [the killers] stayed for four hours.” (Kate Javier)
Man involved in ‘basag-kotse’ robbery killed in encounter with QC policemen
A man who was allegedly involved in basag-kotse robbery was killed in an encounter with chasing policemen in Quezon City, Friday past midnight.
Investigators of the Quezon City Police District described the slain suspect who was yet to be identified as in his late 20s with tattoos “Ramos” inscribed on his chest, “Bron” on his right arm, and “Totie” on his back.
Prior to the incident, members of QCPD-Novaliches Police Station (PS-4) received reports twice from a concerned citizen about two suspicious-looking motorcycle-riding men roaming around their vicinity in Barangay Nagkaisang Nayon, Novaliches past midnight.
Operatives of PS-4 were dispatched to verify the report.
While patrolling, policemen spotted the suspect along Rubina Street and actually robbing an unattended parked vehicle with its window already broken.
The suspect’s cohort, meanwhile, was on board their motorcycle and served as a lookout.
When authorities were about to approach the duo, the suspect’s cohort immediately sped off with the motorcycle leaving his companion behind.
Meanwhile, the other suspect tried to escape and ran away from the policemen who chased him.
The brief chase ended when the suspect was cornered at a vacant lot along Rubina Street but instead of surrendering, he drew his firearm and engaged in shootout with cops..
Offiicers retaliated which killed the suspect on the spot due to multiple gunshot wounds on his body.
Seized from the suspect were a caliber .38 revolver, a black backpack containing an ice pick, a Swiss knife, a black face mask, a roll of nylon rope, and a green cigarette box containing four sachets of suspected shabu.
A hammer and pieces of fired bullets were also recovered from the crime scene. (Alexandria San Juan)
Follow-up operation against the suspect is underway.
2 new drug suspects nabbed in Caloocan buy-bust ops
Two newly identified drug suspects were nabbed during a sting conducted in Caloocan City Friday morning.
Investigators identified the suspects as Enrico Ramos, 31, technician and Jomar Ong, jobless, of Caloocan City.
Around 5:30 p.m., anti-narcotics operatives from the city’s drug enforcement unit led by Senior
Insp. John David Chua launched a buy-bust operation against the two men.
Ramos and Ong were not included in the drug watchlist.
However, police said they received reports about the alleged involvement of the two men in the illegal drug trade.
Ramos and Ong were then arrested along Tierremas Street in Barangay 157 after they allegedly conspired to sell a sachet of suspected shabu worth P200 to an undercover cop.
Two more plastic sachets of suspected shabu were seized from Ong, police said.
Charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 ortThe Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will be filed against the two men. (Kate Javier)