29 drug suspects killed, 1,910 nabbed in Cavite in first half of 2018 » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

29 drug suspects killed, 1,910 nabbed in Cavite in first half of 2018

Published

 

By Anthony Giron

IMUS, Cavite–Twenty-nine resisting drug suspects died and 1,910 others have been arrested in police operations in the province’s upland and lowland districts during the first six months of the year.

Senior Supt. William M. Segun (Twitter/ File Photo/ Manila Bulletin)

Senior Supt. William M. Segun (Twitter/ File Photo/ Manila Bulletin)

More than P7 million worth of illegal drugs were also confiscated by the provincial and local police from the suspects in operations during the period.

Senior Supt. William M. Segun, Cavite Police Provincial Office director, revealed on Monday his first half-year’s report on PPO’s operations against illegal drugs and criminality in the turf.

Segun said he had been monitoring the actions and performance of his officers and men against illegal drugs and criminality daily.

Citing a report from PPO-Drug Enforcement and Monitoring Unit, Segun reported that 29 resisting drug suspects have died in police operations (DIPO) from January 1 to June 30.

The number of the suspects who died in encounters does not include holdup men and other criminals killed after a fight with police in operations. A random count showed that there were about 13 resisting robbers killed in shootouts during the six months period.

Segun also confirmed that 1,910 drug suspects have been arrested by police and that P7,159, 911.35 worth of drugs were confiscated during buy-bust, search and “sita” (frisked) operations in the province during the period.

The drugs seized consisted of “shabu” (methamphetamine hydrochloride), marijuana, “ecstacy” and liquid drug mixes. The bulk of the confiscated drugs was”:shabu.”

Those arrested and the drugs seized were from the seven cities and 16 municipalities of the province. It was one reason why the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) and the PPO have not declared yet any city and municipality in the province as drug-cleared or drug-free.

While there are barangays (villages) that had been declared from time to time, no city and municipality can be tagged as drug-cleared yet at this time, a PPO source said, citing PDEA reports.

The Police Regional Office (PRO) IV-A tagged earlier the Cavite PPO as the command with the most number of drug suspects arrested and “neutralized” this year.

Cavite, a first-class province, has seven districts. It is Luzon’s most densely populated area with over 4.4-million residents.

Tags: , , , , ,

Related Posts