By Nelly Favis Villafuerte
Did you know that from Biblical account, the end times salvation plan for Israel is unique? More than unique actually. It’s one of a kind. It’s special. It’s spectacular. It’s overwhelming. It has been scripted by no less than our Lord God himself for his chosen nation. Consider the following features of the plan:
- The end times salvation of Israel is a worldwide soul harvest for the end of the time;
- During this period, the number of souls converted to our Savior will be more than those converted at any time in history;
- The sharers of the Gospel will consist of 144,000 Jewish evangelists who will go around the world to bring the worldwide soul harvest to a reality. Considering too, that we are now living in a world of computer communications loosely referred to as cyberspace – where millions of people from different countries interconnect by computers. And where any amount of information can be transmitted almost to any place in the world at the speed of light;
- The 144,000 will make their dramatic appearance to the world during the Tribulation period;
- The 144,000 Jewish witnesses of the Gospel are not only supernaturally protected by God throughout the seven (7) years of the Tribulation but are personally taught by God on how to share the Gospel;
- The 144,000 Jewish evangelists, referred to as “bond servants of God” are virgins (not defiled with women). They have the Father’s name (God) written in their foreheads;
- The 144,000 witnesses are all from the tribes of the children of Israel – 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.
(References: Revelation 7; Revelation 14)
Let me give a bird’s eye view of the Tribulation – that period mentioned in the Holy Bible when the 144,000 Jewish witnesses will make their entry to the world.
The Tribulation is a seven-year period described in the Book of Revelation. In the first three and a half years of Tribulation, the wrath of God will start to be felt by the wicked. Tribulation is a time of great distress that will occur before Christ’s second coming. During the last three and a half years of the Tribulation, the Antichrist will be empowered by Satan to do evil things. From the Book of Daniel, Antichrist will make a covenant (peace pact) with Israel for seven years. But after three and a half years, Antichrist will break this covenant. During the first three years and a half, Antichrist will make his entry as a man of peace. As a man of peace, Antichrist will display his magnetic personality. He will also be an eloquent speaker. No wonder people will flock to him like flies to honey and will do anything he asks. When Antichrist breaks the peace pact with Israel after three and a half years, his evil nature as Satan’s superman will surface. The last three and a half years will be known as the Great Tribulation period (See Matthew 24:21 where it was Jesus himself who introduced the phrase great tribulation. See also the Book of Revelation 13, 19, 16, 14, 20).
One may ask: what is God’s purpose for sending the Great Tribulation?
“One purpose for God allowing the Great Tribulation to occur will be to humble the physical nations that have descended from Biblical Israel and lead them to repentance. After this period of correction, Christ will return to earth and the survivors of these Israelite nations will undergo a complete transformation. They will become a holy people and an example to all the other nations on earth (Zephaniah 3:11-13).” (Reference: http://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/revelation/great-tribulation/)
What will happen to Israel at the end of the Great Tribulation?
“At the end of this 3½-year period, indications are that God will see a change of heart among the survivors of His people in Israel. He will then retaliate on those cruel nations in measure for their heartless treatment toward His people.
“God warns the other nations in advance: “Therefore all those who devour you (referring to Israel) shall be devoured; and all your adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; those who plunder you shall become plunder, and all who prey upon you I will make a prey” (Jeremiah 30:16).
“After Israel is disciplined, God will avenge His people. This is described in numerous other prophecies in the Bible, including Deuteronomy 32:43; Isaiah 35:3-4; Isaiah 47:5-15; Joel 3:12-15; Jeremiah 25:29-33; and Ezekiel 25-28.” (Reference: http://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/revelation/great-tribulation/)
This column continues to give out copies of the Holy Bible for free to those who cannot afford to buy their own copies. If interested, please send your letter-request to Ms. Nelly Favis-Villafuerte, 5233 LRV Building, Fahrenheit St., Palanan, Makati City. Kindly mention if it is the Tagalog, English, Cebuano, or Ilocano Bible that is preferred.
Be joyful and forgiving! (Comments may be sent to Ms. Villafuerte’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org)