By Jeffrey Damicog
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has found no indication that sabotage took place in the decoupling incident of the coaches of the Metro Rail Transit 3 (MRT3) in November 16 last year.
Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II said he has received the report of the investigation conducted by the NBI over the incident but disclosed that investigators saw no sabotage behind it.
“No findings of any human intervention, in other words purely accidental ang nangyaring pagkalas doon (regarding the decoupling incident),” he said.
On November 16 last year, a link of the coaches got detached near the Buendia MRT 3 Station which forced passengers to get out and walk along the tracks.
Because of the incident, the Secretary issued a department order which instructed the NBI to conduct an investigation since sabotage is being attributed as the cause of the incident.
MRT 3 technicians who checked the detached coaches have already ruled out any electrical or mechanical problems.
“It’s impossible for the coupler to separate without human intervention,” Safety Chief Technician Ruel Jose previously said.
Technicians have also discovered that the Messma Card of the decoupled light rail vehicle (LRV) was missing.
The Messma Card functions like a black box that records all applied intervention.