By Bonita L. Ermac
Iligan City — Mayor Celso G. Regencia announced Friday that the city government will be offering P10,000 for information regarding any planned terror act that will be committed in the city.
Regencia made this disclosure during the People’s Day held in Barangay Sta. Elena after reports came out that Iligan City was being targeted by the Maute terror group as its next objective, following their siege of Marawi City last year.
Regencia said that the local government has been closely monitoring several personalities and houses that could be possibly linked to the Maute group, following intelligence reports that the group has been actively recruiting new members and forming alliances in preparation for future attacks.
“Dili ta magkumpiyansa” (we should be cautious), having said that those intelligence reports will happen if the local government would be relaxed and easy going, so that all preventive security plans are in placed,” he said. He urged Iliganons to cooperate.