LTFRB stops processing of new applications for TNVS permit » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

LTFRB stops processing of new applications for TNVS permit

Updated

By Alexandria Denisse San Juan

The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board clarified that they will not be opening new applications for transport network vehicles services permit and will only process the pending applications they received until the July 2017 cutoff.

LTFRB spokesperson Aileen Lizada (FEDERICO CRUZ / MANILA BULLETIN)

LTFRB spokesperson Aileen Lizada (FEDERICO CRUZ / MANILA BULLETIN)

LTFRB member Atty. Aileen Lizada said in a press briefing today at the LTFRB office in Quezon City that only those existing applications will be prioritized on March 5, the opening of registration for TNVS permits.

“Baka maraming bumili ng mga sasakyan ngayon. May cutoff po tayo. Huwag na po kayong bumili. Kasi maraming umaattend sa aming mga briefings at marami pang may balak na bumili ng mga sasakyan. Huwag na po kayong bumili. We do not want to add more cars on the roads,” Lizada said.

Lizada reminded new applicants not to camp out outside the LTFRB office as they will not be accommodated because they are not included in the list of applications.

The LTFRB has stopped accepting new applications from transport network companies like Uber and Grab since the July 2017 cutoff due to “pending review of existing policies, other relevant and pressing issues of franchise to TNVS.”

Based on the list provided by the LTFRB, they received more than 110,000 applications, 67,075 from Uber and 52,393 from Grab, as of July 2017.

The board has yet to come up with the numbers of those pending applications that will be prioritized by the board on the opening of registration on March 2.

Earlier, the LTFRB chief Martin Delgra III announced that they will start accepting TNVS applications to fill the gap and complete the common supply base of 45,000 TNVS units in Metro Manila as stated in their recently issued memorandum circular 2018-003.

However, Transportation chief Arthur Tugade advised the board earlier this week to review the order that might increase the 45,000 base.

According to Lizada, the board will be working on the review and revisiting of the MC which includes verifying of the data given by the TNCs.

Lizada said they are considering hiring an independent auditor to verify the data and get the numbers of dual citizens, hatchbacks, vehicles under loan, with fleet, and inactive, among the applications.

After coming up with the total numbers, they will get the common supply base and the number of TNVS applicants to be accepted.

“We see the innovations, we see how yung needs ng mga rider evolved, what the government is doing is adjusting as we move forward and understand each other,” Lizada added.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Related Posts