TESDA condemns ambush of N.O. provincial director » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper


Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

TESDA condemns ambush of N.O. provincial director


By Martin Sadongdong

The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) on Wednesday expressed outrage and condemned the shooting of its provincial director in Negros Occidental, calling on lawmen to expedite their investigation to arrest the perpetrators of the crime.

“TESDA is outraged and strongly condemns the shooting and wounding of Julius Jamero, our provincial director in Negros Occidental,” said TESDA director general Guiling Mamondiong in a statement.

TESDA Director General, Secretary Guiling “Gene” Mamondiong (TESDA / MANILA BULLETIN)

TESDA Director General, Secretary Guiling “Gene” Mamondiong

“This cannot be ignored. We call for prompt investigations to ensure that the suspects are captured and punished,” he added.

In addition, TESDA will also be appealing to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) for a deeper probe into the case.

Jamero, 45, was seriously wounded after he was shot seven times by unidentified gunmen in Talisay City last December 7.

Jamero was driving his vehicle after he left the provincial office when he was waylaid and shot along Trangka Street in Barangay Zone 12, various reports said.

Luckily, he was rushed to the Riverside Medical Center in Bacolod City for immediate treatment.

Witnesses said that the suspects apparently waited for him in the area.

However, up until now, police have yet to determine the motive for the attack, TESDA said.

Jamero, of Butuan City, had served as TESDA director of Aklan province before he was transferred to Negros Occidental.

Prior to Jamero’s case, a TESDA official was killed by riding-in-tandem suspects in La Union last October 13.

Fifty-four-year-old Mila San Juan, administrative officer of TESDA in Ilocos province, was gunned down by two suspects while she was on her way home from work.

The case remains unsolved.

Related Posts