NBI probes latest prosecutor killing » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

NBI probes latest prosecutor killing

Published

By Jeffrey Damicog

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has been tasked to investigate the latest prosecutor killed this year.

NBI (Google Maps / MANILA BULLETIN)

NBI (Credits: Google Maps | Manila Bulletin file photo)

Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II himself gave the order to investigate the killing of Quezon assistant provincial prosecutor Reymund Luna.

In his Department Order No. 646 dated September 29, Aguirre said the NBI is “directed and granted authority to conduct investigation and case buildup over the death of assistant provincial prosecutor Reymund F. Luna, who was shot dead in Infanta, Quezon.”

With this, the secretary also instructed the NBI that “if evidence warrants, to file appropriate charges thereon.”

He also told NBI director Dante Gierran to submit to his office “its current activities related to the implementation of this order.”

Luna is the fifth prosecutor who has been killed since President Duterte got into office.

The first was Mati City prosecutor Rolando Acide who was gunned down outside Mati City Hall of Justice in October last year.

In January, Quezon City Prosecutor Noel Mingoa was shot at close range while outside a restaurant on Commonwealth Avenue.

Caloocan City prosecutor Diosdado Azarcon was later gunned down in May just outside his rented house located on Kapas Street, Barangay 63, Caloocan City while on his way to work.

Then, just this July, Rizal assistant provincial prosecutor Maria Ronatay got killed by a pair of riding-in-tandem gunmen.

 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Related Posts