No dengue outbreak in Cavite this year » Manila Bulletin News

Manila Bulletin Philippines

Breaking News from the Nation's leading newspaper

Tempo

Online Newspaper

Showbiz and Celebrity News

Sports News

World News
News Asia

No dengue outbreak in Cavite this year

Published

By Anthony Giron

 

Trece Martires City, Cavite – No dengue fever outbreak was reported in Cavite this year, the Provincial Health Office (PHO) reported on Wednesday.

The latest Provincial Epidemiology Surveillance Unit (PESU) update showed that the period from Jan. 1 to Nov. 26 this year showed 4,501 cases and 21 deaths.

Health Education Promotion Officer II Annabelle Dilig said that the figure is 60 percent lower compared to last year, when 11,299 cases were recorded.

The provincial government declared a province-wide dengue outbreak and placed the province under a state of calamity on September 21, 2015. The year ended with 12,007 cases and 48 deaths.

Health officials said that despite the absence of a dengue fever outbreak this year,  residents should still be wary and take precautions against dengue-carrying mosquitoes by observing cleanliness and sanitary practices.

The PHO-Technical Office said that there were at least four persons afflicted by Zika, another virus carried by mosquitoes, in Bacoor City. All the victims, including a mother and her two children, however, have recovered.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Related Posts