By MB Online
The Metro Manila Development Authority bared the re-routing plan for Monday, January 9, in line with the Black Nazarene procession.
As heavy traffic is expected during the day of the Traslacion, motorists are advised to take the following alternative routes:
- All vehicles coming from northern part of Manila intending to utilize the stretch of Bonifacio Drive southbound (Manila Hotel and other offices at Port Area) shall turn right at Roberto S. Oca St., left at Delgado, left at 25th St., left at Bonifacio Drive, right at A. Soriano to Magallanes Drive, right at P. Burgos, go straight to Lagusnilad to Taft Ave. Likewise, other vehicles for southbound shall turn left at A. Soriano to point of destination.
- All vehicles using Taft Ave. northbound shall turn right at A. Villegas (Arroceros), right at Quezon bridge to point of destination. (Note: northbound of Quezon Blvd. is open to traffic).
- All vehicles coming from southern part of Manila intending to utilize the northbound of Roxas Blvd. from T.M. Kalaw to P. Burgos shall turn right at T.M. kalaw to point of destination.
- All vehicles coming from Quezon City using the stretch of España shall turn right at P. Campa, left at Andalucia, right at Fugoso, left at T. Mapua, to point of destination.
- All PUJs/light vehicles coming from España intending to proceed to South Pier Zone, turn left at Nicanor Reyes, right at C.M. Recto, straight to Jose Abad Santos, left at Reina Regente, left at Juan Luna St., left at San Vicente St., take Jones Bridge to point of destination.
- All vehicles coming from Divisoria intending to utilize the stretch of Recto shall turn right at T. Alonzo, right at Fugoso, left at Oroquieta, right at Alvarez St., left at Andalucia to point of destination.
- All vehicles coming from Legarda shall turn right at C.M. Recto or left at Mendiola to point of destination.
- All heavy vehicles/cargo trucks coming from the South shall take Pres. Osmena, right at Pres. Quirino to Nagtahan via A.H. Lacson to Capulong (vice-versa).
The agency also advised motorists intending to proceed to North of Manila or South of Manila to to utilize the stretch of Lacson to Nagtahan (vice verse) or to utilize the stretch of Road 10 to Roxas Blvd. (vice verse) to the point of their destination.
Meanwhile, from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on January 9, all buses coming from southern part of Manila are not allowed to enter Taft Ave. and are only allowed only up to Pres. Quirino as their turning point.
MMDA said they have bolstered preparations for the 2017 Feast of the Black Nazarene. A total of 1,245 MMDA personnel will be deployed in Quirino Grandstand, Quiapo Church, and along the procession routes, as early as Saturday (January 7).
Read more: MMDA sets plans for Traslacion 2017